Protecting Texans’ voting rights has never been more important. This year, we need thousands of dedicated volunteers to help us ensure every eligible voter can cast a ballot that counts. We’d love to have you on our Voter Protection team, helping Democrats win up and down the ballot!
Tell us how you’d like to help. Or take a quiz to find the best voter protection volunteer role for you!
The main ways we ask folks to help are as:
- Election worker - Spends all of Election Day at the polling place checking voters in, helping them with the machines, and answering their questions (this is a paid position).
- Poll watcher - You will spend half of Election Day inside a polling place, making sure all the rules are followed and advocating for voters. We are monitoring the public health situation and may create a predominantly-outdoor version of this role closer to November (this is a volunteer position).
- Answer voters’ calls to the hotline - Help voters who call 844-TX-VOTES with questions about voter registration, voting by mail, and more. This is a remote volunteer role, and requires a computer.
- Make calls to help recruit voter protection volunteers - This is a remote volunteer role and requires a phone and computer. You can get started right away.
- Other - We need problem solvers and advocates who can make a regular commitment of 5+ hours per week to support our team’s work with tasks that may range from research to data entry to calling election officials.
Training is provided for each position. If you have any questions or want to follow up with us, you can reach us at email@example.com